Ðark Clan
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search

May 2024
MonTueWedThuFriSatSun

Calendar Calendar

Latest topics
» My resignation
War of Vikings I_icon_minitimeMon Oct 30, 2017 3:36 pm by P4KISTAN

» Best post ever 2014
War of Vikings I_icon_minitimeThu Aug 14, 2014 11:01 pm by Willz

» I quit this Klan.
War of Vikings I_icon_minitimeThu Aug 14, 2014 4:20 pm by Willz

» convince me to play mb2 again
War of Vikings I_icon_minitimeTue Aug 12, 2014 12:04 pm by dwarf

» Roster As of August 5th!
War of Vikings I_icon_minitimeThu Aug 07, 2014 4:08 pm by <Noob>

» 2014 Summer Tournament
War of Vikings I_icon_minitimeWed Aug 06, 2014 11:40 am by |Fang

» GMOD Night with EW
War of Vikings I_icon_minitimeFri Aug 01, 2014 4:15 pm by Bogan

» New ranking system
War of Vikings I_icon_minitimeFri Aug 01, 2014 3:14 pm by Dementos

» EXCLUSIVE: Video of Apex IRL
War of Vikings I_icon_minitimeThu Jul 31, 2014 3:23 am by -]Ð[-Apex

War of Vikings

3 posters

Go down

War of Vikings Empty War of Vikings

Post by SkeeT Wed Jan 29, 2014 10:46 pm

This game (available on Steam, check it out!) just released it's quote, "final early access alpha patch," with the next one scheduled, with a character wipe "roughly one week later."

This game is from the makers of Mount&Blade, which is a game I'm sure many of you have played, as it has a competitive dueling community not unlike that of MB2's.

Downloading this TWELVE GIG patch right now and I'm excited for all the new customization options they're adding in. Early access is turning out to be marginally delayed, but significant gratification.
SkeeT
SkeeT

Back to top Go down

War of Vikings Empty Re: War of Vikings

Post by WindShaft Thu Jan 30, 2014 12:24 am

It has Polaks i call sammmy D.
WindShaft
WindShaft

Back to top Go down

Post by SkeeT Fri Jan 31, 2014 4:29 pm

SKEE'S WAR OF VIKINGS FEATURES BREAKDOWN:

$19.99 on Steam!

(I GOT IT FOR $15, AND THAT WAS A STEAL EVEN BEFORE THE HUGE CONTENT UPDATE IMO)

--------------
GAME MODES
--------------

War of the Vikings can reach up to 64 players and boasts a solid handful of cool game modes and types of servers, (example: 1v1 dueling similar to MB2.) Some examples implemented so far in the early release alpha include:

Conquest: Territory based, capture-and-hold-the-point game play. Infinite respawns. Typical server game mode.

TDM: Team Death Match. The other typical server game mode. Similar to "Open" in MB2 minus a specific objective AND with infinite respawns.

TDM (DUEL SERVER): Same as above but 1v1 dueling. Initiate the duel by top-down blocking with your sword or shield (bow) or by crouching. The game is well balanced at this stage so no classes or weapons are banned. Just make sure to start with a melee weapon and switch to bow if u intend to duel (get his attention first in other words.)

ARENA: Imagine Counter-strike except with bandaging for life regen. The "Hard core" mode in which you only have 1 life per round. Balance between classes and roles is crucial to gaining the upper hand in this game mode, kinda like in OPEN FFA.

----------
CLASSES
----------

So the game's character customization allows classes a total of 4 passive slots, up to 3 of which may be changed depending on your class.

Worth mentioning: Bows are the only ranged weapon with infinite ammo, and ALL weapons can Head Shot!

War of the Vikings has 3 distinct classes:

Champion: The "Tank," if you will. Has massive damage reduction and is suited for melee roles and may only use throwing weapons for ranged attacks.
- Most survivable by far; 40% damage reduction (3-5 hits)
- Starts with +melee damage passive ability, so it's easiest to upgrade to maximum potential
- Can 1-shot kill any other class with any 2h weapon + the "blind-rage" throwing skill!
- Can not use bows.
- Can only customize 2 passive abilities (2 of them are locked.)

Skirmisher: The quick but squishy ranger-character who's more suited for archery (either quick or long range |EX:| short bow vs long bow) than anything else. AKA The FPS-Class because archery is entirely in First Person.
- Only class that can 2-shot kill a Champion (with at least 1 head-shot.)
- Squishiest; 13% damage reduction (2-3 hits.)
- Only class which may use the long bow.
- Can substitute bow for a 2h Pike, and is the only class which doesn't have access to a 2h Axe.
- Can only use a 1h sword/axe + shield as secondary weapon (no throwing weapons, pikes or bows in the secondary slot.)
- Can only customize 2 passive abilities (2 of them are locked.)

Warrior: "Jack of All Trades," The only class which can carry 2 primary (all) weapons and the only one which may customize 3/4 total passive abilities.
- Can't 1-hit kill a Champion with Blind rage unless it's a headshot.
- The most versatile class.
- The most frequently played class.
- Medium armor, 30% damage reduction (3-4 hits.)
- well suited for both ranged and melee combat.

---------------------
PASSIVE ABILITIES
---------------------
- Stubborn (Required for Champion): +20% max health, -10% stamina regen
- Brawler (Required for Champion): Can't be interrupted by taking damage. Power attacks with axes destroy shields if blocked.
- Quick Blood (Required for Skirmisher): Jumping doesn't take any stamina; 200% stamina regen while sprinting.
- Skirmisher (Required for Skirmisher): +30% headshot damage, -10% max health, less stamina drain on bows, 25% faster weapon swap.
- Jack of All Trades (Required for Warrior): Can use all weapons; Both weapon slots are Primary weapons.
- Juggernaut: Can't be knocked down while sprinting.
- Flaming arrows: 1st shot sets shields on fire for 10 sec, 2nd shot breaks the shield entirely (GREAT for all archers.)
- Blind Rage: Ability to throw all weapons (2h axes and pikes are the best) except for your dagger/knife (all classes have that weapon and can't drop it.)
- Sure Shot: Arrow hits make your next bow string charge 50% faster for 5 seconds (like 2-3 shots.)
- Eagle eye: Zoom x2 further with bow. Ranged hits multiply in damage every 46 yards.
- Strong Arm: Bow stays charged 5x longer. Ranged attacks can pierce a target, allowing 2 enemies to be hit.
- Heavy Hitter: Can hold power-swing 3x longer. hits make next swing charge 50% faster for 5 seconds.
- Chaser: move 20% faster behind opponents with their backs turned; doubles your Tackle distance. (Press and Hold E to "tackle" sprinters.)
- Agile Fighter: Ability to attack whilst dodging/back/side stepping.
- Block-dodge: Ability to block whilst dodging/back/side stepping.
- Blood Thirst: +5 hp per sec for 10 sec after you down an opponent.
- Adrenaline rush: Stamina bar completely refills when you down an opponent.

-----------
WEAPONS
-----------
2-HANDERS:
.: AXES (6 cosmetic varieties)
.: SPEARS/PIKES (3 cosmetic varieties)

1-HANDERS: (DEFAULT SECONDARY WEAPON FOR CHAMPION AND SKIRMISHER.)
.: SWORDS (6 cosmetic varieties)
.: AXES (6 cosmetic varieties)

OFF-HAND:
.: ROUND SHIELDS (2 cosmetic varieties)
- Available to ALL classes.
- They're going to release multiple paint customization varieties.

BOWS: (SKIRMISHER AND WARRIOR ONLY.)
.: SHORT BOWS (3 cosmetic varieties)
.: LONG BOWS (3 cosmetic varieties) (SKIRMISHER ONLY.)
(6 total bows)

THROWING WEAPONS: (OPTIONAL SECONDARY FOR CHAMPION AND WARRIOR.)
.: JAVELIN (Only 1, but contact with Shield destroys it.)
.: AXES
.: KNIVES (2 cosmetic varieties)
- ALL thrown weapons can be picked back up or replaced with regularly non-throwing weapons laying on the ground.

- - -
Other cosmetic items include your class's default armor which can be augmented by almost 100 differently textured "patterns," that you can purchase with money you earn in game just by actively participating, killing, earning achievements, and leveling.

Each class can wear cloaks and there are currently two different, class specific helmets for each class at the moment. Ex: Hoods for Skirmishers, Golden/Ornamented helmets, etc.

There are also currently 3 different taunt/gestures your character can purchase and equip.
SkeeT
SkeeT

Back to top Go down

Post by SkeeT Tue Feb 04, 2014 11:27 am

A good demonstration of a small 'Arena' match

These guys suck a little bit but they try a number of different things in this video.

'Nother video, same dudes, slightly more organized.

Last edited by SkeeT on Tue Feb 04, 2014 2:33 pm; edited 1 time in total
SkeeT
SkeeT

Back to top Go down

Post by P4KISTAN Tue Feb 04, 2014 1:36 pm

an expansion with sassanid persians pls or no buy
P4KISTAN
P4KISTAN
Ðark Member
Ðark  Member

Back to top Go down